Qualified Lawyer - EU regulatory compliance and international trade Law
Steptoe Elsene, België
The candidate will join top-ranked EU, US, UK and China trade and economic sanctions and export control teams across offices in Brussels, DC, London, Beijing and Hong Kong.
Steptoe's regulatory compliance and trade team possesses a wealth of knowledge in international trade and investment policy and politics. The group distinguishes itself by combining this experience with technical legal skills across a broad range of trade disciplines, and bilateral and multilateral trade agreements, including the WTO. With lawyers in Washington, Brussels and Beijing, Steptoe has deep capabilities in all aspects of trade remedy investigations, US and EU customs law, trade policy, WTO dispute settlement, and investor-state arbitration.
A hallmark of Steptoe’s practice in Brussels is advising international corporate clients on the application of the EU sanctions regimes targeting foreign countries and of the EU dual use goods export controls. The candidate will be involved in counseling and licensing, jurisdictional and classification assessments and the implementation of internal compliance programs, supply chain and market access issues, AML and anticorruption. The candidate will also interact with the EU institutions on policy-making and with national authorities, notably in the context of enforcement proceedings.
Qualifications and experience - the following will be highly regarded:
- A Master degree in EU Law
- Qualified to practice law in an EU Member State
- 2 to 4 years experience
- Strong legal and analytical skills and the ability to deliver accurate and high quality advice service
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Have an open personality and a passion for team work in an international environment
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while adhering to strict deadlines is essential
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
Steptoe commits to provide interesting and challenging legal work, a rewarding collegial environment, an attractive compensation, training and personalized assistance in your professional development.
Interested? Please provide:
- a current CV (including names of 2 referees who can be contacted),
- copies of certificates for each educational or vocational qualification (including grades achieved), and
- two recent writing samples of your own work.
Mention in your application that you found this job through Legaljob.be.