EU Regulatory affairs specialist
Steptoe Elsene, België
Steptoe is now looking to recruit an EU Regulatory Affairs Specialist (‘Specialist’) to join its Brussels office.
The Specialist in Steptoe's Brussels office supports a range of practices across the firm. Specialist provides policy advice and strategic representation before the EU institutions for the firm’s clients, including governments (in particular, non-EU), non-sovereign jurisdictions, and corporate clients. The Specialist has a particular focus on financial institutions, the re/insurance sector and trade associations.
The Specialist works closely with Steptoe’s lawyers to advise clients on changes to:
- Legislation and supervisory regulation;
- Third country market access to the European single market, equivalence of legislation and selected trade negotiations (e.g. Brexit and TTIP);
- EU export control and sanctions regulations;
- Environment and life sciences, antitrust and regulatory compliance;
- The EU personal data protection framework, cybersecurity law and policy, and anti-money laundering legislation.
Qualifications and experience - the following will be highly regarded:
- have a Master’s Degree in EU Law;
- have 2-4 years of experience;
- have in-depth knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and the legislative process;
- be able to work across sectors, monitor EU policy developments and identify key issues of potential impact for the clients;
- have an open personality and a passion for team work in an international environment;
- be dedicated, proactive and willing to achieve;
- work closely with our knowledge department;
- be interested in supporting business development activities to further grow the practices; and
- be proficient in English. Fluency in other languages would be an advantage.
Steptoe commits to provide interesting and challenging legal work, a rewarding collegial environment, an attractive compensation, training and personalized assistance in your professional development.
Interested? Please provide:
- a current CV (including names of 2 referees who can be contacted),
- copies of certificates for each educational or vocational qualification (including grades achieved), and
- two recent writing samples of your own work.
Mention in your application that you found this job through Legaljob.be.