Policy advisor conduct of business
Insurance Europe Brussels, Belgium
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 36 member bodies — the national insurance associations — it represents all types and sizes of insurance and reinsurance undertakings. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out almost €1 000bn annually — or €2.7bn a day — in claims, directly employ nearly 920 000 people and invest over €10.6trn in the economy.
For our conduct of business department, we are looking for a
Policy advisor conduct of business
- Identifies, monitors, analyses and advises on a wide range of legal and consumer-related EU initiatives relevant for the European insurance industry. Files under responsibility currently include equal treatment and differentiation, risk-based underwriting (including the EC Beating Cancer Plan and the related work on a code of conduct), redress (including collective redress, third-party litigation funding, ADR/ODR) and competition, but may vary over time.
- Synthesises Insurance Europe’s members’ feedback, negotiate and draft common positions reflecting the European industry views, coordinates and conveys these views to EU institutions, authorities and stakeholders.
- Provides thorough analysis of developments and their impact on the industry and the position of Insurance Europe.
- Advises, supports and reports to Insurance Europe’s project groups and committees, in particular the conduct of business committee, and coordinates with other relevant groups and committees.
- Coordinates positions and actions with Insurance Europe’s members and provides them with services, for example is a point of contact for the members, informs about legislative developments and the sector position.
- Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s publications, position papers, briefings, newsletters to help formulate proposals for regulation or legislation.
- Contributes to the development of Insurance Europe’s advocacy strategy.
- Organises and assumes responsibility for contacts and coordination with external stakeholders, eg the relevant EU institutions and authorities, as well as other public or private organisations.
- Represents and promotes the policy messages of the European insurance industry at seminars, workshops, conferences and external meetings across Europe.
- Advises, coordinates closely with and reports directly to the head of conduct of business.
- Education in European law as well as a good knowledge of the European decision-making process
- Very good analytical skills and proven ability to synthesise feedback.
- Highly developed team spirit, sense of responsibility, ability to take initiatives and be proactive. Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to plan and meet deadlines, capacity to identify key issues and prioritise.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to tailor messages to different audiences and to speak in public.
- Experience in building consensus views amongst stakeholders.
- Experience within an international and multi-cultural environment is advantageous.
We offer you a challenging and exciting position (permanent contract). You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will have the possibility to participate in projects that will influence the European insurance industry in the coming years.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Du Champs De Mars 23, 1050 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: via the Apply button).
Mention in your application that you found this job through Legaljob.be.