Holcim Belgium Nivelles, Nijvel, Belgium
Holcim is the world's leading cement company and is in its sector a pioneer in research and development regarding climate transition. Operating in about 70 countries, Holcim is committed to developing sustainable solutions and employs more than 70,000 people worldwide, including 900 in Belgium, across 22 sites.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be part of an experienced legal team and will contribute to providing practical solutions, ensuring legal security for Holcim Belgium and its subsidiaries.
Together with the General Counsel and the Senior Legal Counsel and in direct contact with the management and field colleagues, you will deal with a variety of legal issues under Belgian law:
- Negotiate, draft and interpret various types of contracts (service contracts, commercial contracts, lease, purchase, sale, concession, restructuring, transport, distribution, sponsoring, etc.)
- Responsible for the corporate housekeeping of the group's subsidiaries in Belgium and will answer enquiries relating to corporate law
- In close liaison with the operational and functional departments, you will manage litigation files (commercial disputes mainly). You will act proactively to find the best possible amicable solutions and will prepare the agreed transactions
- Contribute to answering questions on competition law, anti-competitive practices and restrictive practices
- Answer internal legal questions related to compliance and GDPR matters and ensure compliance with European and national legislation
- Monitor legal developments and participate in the legal training of Holcim's staff
- Work on developing strategic projects for Holcim in close liaison with your colleagues
- As Legal Counsel, you have a good knowledge of commercial and corporate law and enjoy dealing with a variety of legal issues, also in other areas
- A first relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of and/or affinity with competition law is a plus
- Pragmatic and good communication skills
- A team player but also able to work independently
- Proactive and solution-oriented
- Languages : Dutch speaking with good command of French. A good knowledge of English is a plus.
We offer you
- The opportunity to work in a motivating and formative environment with a bilingual (French/Dutch) culture
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a leading company in its sectors (cement, concrete, quarries, solutions ...) with high ethical and environmental standards
- A flat structure allowing direct contact with the management and the operational staff
- The opportunity to work independently, to grow and to take responsibility
- Flexible working hours and remote working in Ghent, Nivelles or at home
- An attractive salary package with a package of additional legal benefits.
Mentionnez dans votre candidature que vous avez trouvé l'emplois via Legaljob.be.