Simmons & Simmons Brussels, België
Simmons & Simmons is a leading international law firm, providing clients with commercially aware legal advice, whenever and wherever they need it. We have over 1,500 staff in 21 locations situated in key business and financial centres across UK, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
We understand that our firm is equal only to the strengths of our people and place great emphasis on recruiting and retaining staff who meet our high standards. Our philosophy for international growth has been to build practices around local teams who understand the culture, business and languages of the countries and regions in which we operate. In doing so, we believe that we have succeeded in developing a closely knit and cohesive network that meets local business needs as part of a global service.
Our business services groups provide integrated support for our global operations. The firm is organised in line with our clients’ requirements into key practice areas and sector groups. Our sector focus allows us to better appreciate the environment in which our clients operate and to work with them to achieve their objectives. Our client base includes leading financial institutions and a significant number of the current FTSE 100 and Fortune Global 500 companies.
Our strategy is founded on excellent client service and a focus on our key industry sectors (asset management & investment funds, financial institutions, life sciences and technology, media & telecommunications). The core practice areas, from which we draw our sector teams, are: corporate, dispute resolution, employment, pensions & employee benefits, EU/competition & regulatory, financial markets, information, communications & technology, intellectual property, projects, real estate and tax.
For additional information on the firm, please visit our website at www.simmons-simmons.com.
Our Employment Department has a strong reputation in the Belgian and international market. We frequently represent clients in in all labour related matters.
You will have exposure to high quality and complex work covering the following areas:
- You will advise companies in all the areas of employment law.
- In the above-mentioned fields of expertise, you will help clients from start to finish through any litigation or dispute resolution they may face.
- You will be involved in a wide range of projects and will have the opportunity to develop technical knowledge in a broad domain of expertise.
- You have a master’s degree in law. An additional degree in social/employment law is a plus.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Belgian employment and pension law
- You have strong analytical and writing skills.
- You are trilingual French-Dutch-English.
- You are a real team player with a healthy business attitude and positive vibes.
- You are client-oriented.
- You are effective, proactive, stress resistant and creative.
- We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to equal opportunities in employment.
- We believe in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.
- At Simmons & Simmons we seek to attract and retain talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures, to create an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are supportive of flexible working arrangements wherever possible and we would encourage you to discuss this with us, should this be something you are interested in.
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature via Legaljob.be gevonden hebt.