Insurance Europe Brussels, Belgium
Insurance Europe is the European insurance and reinsurance federation. Through its 36 member bodies — the national insurance associations — it represents all types and sizes of insurance and reinsurance undertakings. Insurance Europe, which is based in Brussels, represents undertakings that account for around 95% of total European premium income. Insurance makes a major contribution to Europe’s economic growth and development. European insurers pay out over €1 000bn annually — or €2.8bn a day — in claims, directly employ more than 920 000 people and invest over €10.6trn in the economy.
For our conduct of business team and for our general insurance team, we are looking for:
- Monitors EU policy developments on a wide range of legal initiatives relevant for the European insurance industry on issues related to conduct regulation & retail investment strategy (distribution, disclosures, product design, suitability and design) and general insurance (health, motor, liability- related issues, cyber insurance, sustainability issues including climate change and natural catastrophes).
- Assists with legal analysis, summarises stakeholders’ and members’ feedback, and supports the development of papers that reflect the industry views.
- Supports the project groups and committee meetings, for example through the preparation of background notes and presentations, and the drafting of meeting conclusions.
- Other day-to-day duties as assigned.
- Education in (European) law as well as a good knowledge of the European decision-making process.
- Highly developed team spirit, sense of responsibility, service-orientation, ability to take initiatives and be proactive.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to plan and meet deadlines, capacity to identify key issues and prioritise.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
This internship provides a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience in an international organisation.
Paid internship for six months.
Please address application letters and curriculum vitae to Insurance Europe, Rue Du Champs De Mars 23, 1050 Brussels for the attention of Koen Ameye (e-mail: via the Apply button).
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature via Legaljob.be gevonden hebt.